Browse All Tribes or choose a Tribe below:
By signing up I agree to Property Tribes Terms and Conditions
Already a PT member? Log In
Sign Up With Facebook, Twitter, or Google
By signing up, I agree to Property Tribes Terms and Conditions
Already a PT member? Log In
Don't have an account? Sign Up
To reset your password just enter the email address you registered with and we'll send you a link to access a new password.
Life is difficult to predict hopefully you will have a long and health life. Look at what your parents died of or diseases they have had and your siblings then look at your lifestyle do you smoke, drink to much no exercise overweight etc. This will give you a rough idea of your future health. (My other job is a doctor). In response to your other questions
1. Stick it in the bank! Lots of liquidity but no return 1%. Or become a lender yourself and loan yourself for returns of 6 -10% pa make sure you do your due diligence before.
2. Reduce some existing mortgages if you will be affected by section 24 then this would help with your income as it starts to bite more with the Tax implications.
3. Holiday let with deposit or outright somewhere dependent on your experience
4. Student let with deposit or outright somewhere dependent on your experience
5. Commercial property dependant on your experience
6. Pension, shares etc pension is probably too late at 55 pensions work best on compounding over many years. Maybe useful to hold some shares for liquidity and risk diversification. If you have never looked into this asset class then a managed fund is probably better. But as they always say the price can go up or down and historic performance is no predictor of future returns.
7. Project/refurb/flip (rather fancy this as it will occupy me) if this interests you then go for it.
If it was me I would invest in some further property education depending on your experience concentrate on either 3,4,5 or 7 as expertise comes from one course of action. I would split the money to diversify as you want income but some liquidity from your post. I use Hargreaves Lansdown app for share dealing and they also provide information.
Good luck with it and all the best.
Any advise is opinion and I am not a financial advisor.
Thank you Marcus for your input.
I read all the suggestions and they are indeed valuable.
First of all, I am sorry for the personal loss, as I understand how hard it can be; you really feel lost and lonely. Anyway back to the queations
You have quite a portfolio to play with, so you can
1. Reduce some existing btl mortgages, if they are at your name personally (S24 hits in already)
2. If you still work, then you can put all your profits to a SIPP and use your existing funds to live on. Perfectly legal and makes sense to reduce your tax liability
3. The idea of buying to refurb and sell sounds quite tempting. Do a couple per year and you will be very happy and enjoy the profits and the process of doing it
See what you think of above.
PS. You may need a sugar baby; happy to apply for the position *blushes* as I live nearby...sometimes... *rolls eyes* only joking, If I may...
Thanks for your question related answers but not your offer at the end.
I have a HMO I am thinking of selling in Rhyl N.Wales. Fully occupied 5 longterm tennants one been with me 4 months. 6 flats altogether. Haven't had it valued yet but it will be around the £250,000 mark. I have been doing this for 30years and ready to retire.
Is it licensed? Thank you
Sharron, run this past your Broker - Jenny - and she can offer her insight and thoughts too.
FOR INDEPENDENT MORTGAGE AND INSURANCE ADVICE
PROPERTY TRIBES FINANCIAL SERVICES
CONTACT US FOR LIFE INSURANCE QUOTES AND STRATEGIES. PORTFOLIO MORTGAGES (VARYING TERMS) COVERED
The one of many worries of being a parent, your list of options is great and you are a successful investor. I have no doubt you will make sure your children are looked after.
Do what you think is best for you,
7. Project/refurb/flip (rather fancy this as it will occupy me)
if this is what you want to do, go for it.
Transparency notice: OneandOnlyPro is a commercial partner of Property Tribes.