Browse All Tribes or choose a Tribe below:
By signing up I agree to Property Tribes Terms and Conditions
Already a PT member? Log In
Sign Up With Facebook, Twitter, or Google
By signing up, I agree to Property Tribes Terms and Conditions
Already a PT member? Log In
Don't have an account? Sign Up
To reset your password just enter the email address you registered with and we'll send you a link to access a new password.
Quickbooks have raised their prices quite a bit. It’s a shame as I like the software.I run run two accounts with them one for my private portfolio and one for the one held in a limited company.Main in thing I like is the bank feeds. This makes it easy as you can see what you have to reconcile. I also like the P&L by month report that shows the last 12 months side by side.Anybody recommend an alternative. I’ll switch at the end of March.
My view is if your happy stick with what you have
What ever they charge, it’s tax deductible and you will have a lot of stress changing.
Learn Change and Adapt ?????
All comments are for casual information purposes only. If you wish to rely on any advice I have given please ensure you obtain independent specialist advice from a third party. No liability is accepted for comments made.
Xero is a good alternative.....
I use landlord property manager I would be lost with out it
covers everything from CP12 to S24
its not great for company accounts but it’s great for personal BTL
We moved from QB to Xero a few years ago. Xero is much better for many reasons.
Another vote for Xero from me
Any of you guys used QuickFile? Any feedback?
Thanks for the replies. This forum doesn’t have multi-quote so in answer to the posts:
1) Xero is a lot more expensive than QuickBooks. I’m sure it does more but I’m looking at covering the essentials at a resonable price.
2) I’m happy to change systems. I force other people to change their systems as part of my job so I’m sure I can go through the pain myself.
3) I tried landlord property manager a while ago. I liked the software but the finance side was poor. No bank feeds at the time. Relied on manual excel uploads. Also didn’t have a month by month comparison P&L for the last 12 months. I think you could directly compare 2 months side by side but that was it. I could live without the P&L report but the bank feed is a must.
4) Not used QuickFile. Will have a look
1) Xero is a lot more expensive than QuickBooks.
How much have you been quoted out of interest?
My price has gone up to £14.40 a month per business. I run two sets of accounts so this totals £28.80.
I was was paying less than £10 a month before the price hike.
I guess you just need to work out how much time the software saves you compared to the free Excel approach.
Where we're basically talking around 40 quid per month, it would only need to save me 30 minutes in time to pay for itself.
Don't get me wrong, you're doing the correct thing in shopping around, but for such a trivial cost I think something like Xero is worth every penny.